Monday, July 4, 2011

Training Day

Today is the Fourth of July and we got back from the cabin. I think the 4 of us are equally full of 'puppy chow', hamburgers and brats, pasta salads and chips. Well, maybe I am more full of the 'puppy chow' more than anyone else.

Saw a lot of family and enjoyed it all very much. The girls were reminded on the way home, that they have a good life, as some children don't even have a home. They are lucky to have a home to sleep in, but that they are extra lucky to have a cabin to go to sometimes.

Just sayin'..

I keep forgetting how much work it is to pack and unpack-not to mention the laundry and dishes that need to be done when we get home. I don't usually tend to mind the laundry and dishes, but I these times of the year, I have 2 girls to clean up after.

After all is said and done, I am sitting here watching one of my favorite movies--Training Day--and drinking a beer.
Ahh, it is good to be home though. I will enjoy hearing the fireworks tonight, but I will be inside my home this time and not on the beach.

Both places are good to be at, but home is best right now.

Until next time..

1 comment:

  1. Had a blast with your girls this weekend! They are such treasures!

    ReplyDelete